Effect Audio cables thread
May 13, 2024 at 9:33 AM Post #7,936 of 7,950
Which EA cable have the best value to sound performance for warmer sound? I thought 24c is one of the best for it(due to its limited production).

Oh, it's fantastic and I'm seriously enjoying it! 🥰 The Code 23 is also excellent, and even warmer, but it does cost more and is less ergonomic (for IEMs). I was just pointing out that I don't think any cable can save the Dioko for me. 🤣

May 13, 2024 at 10:34 AM Post #7,937 of 7,950
Oh, it's fantastic and I'm seriously enjoying it! 🥰 The Code 23 is also excellent, and even warmer, but it does cost more and is less ergonomic (for IEMs). I was just pointing out that I don't think any cable can save the Dioko for me. 🤣
OOOH ! Sorry i thought you were talking about code24c cable. It was the Dioko, and yes i agree Dioko didnt sound good for me as well i have tried it LOL.
People say that the 24c is intimate sounding, is it more intimate than 23 or the same? I have tried 24 and the ergonomic wasnt great and i heard the 23 is worst than 24, cant imagine how uncomfortable wearing 23.

Last edited:
May 13, 2024 at 11:53 AM Post #7,938 of 7,950
don't get these adapters, they sound like ass. Basically, the low end rolls off like crazy: upper bass is still there, but mid-bass is greatly diminished, and sub-bass is non-existent.
So, basically (if I understood correctly) the Bass loses it's B? Well, that seems like a pretty Big loss in the sound department 😂

People say that the 24c is intimate sounding, is it more intimate than 23 or the same? I have tried 24 and the ergonomic wasnt great and i heard the 23 is worst than 24, cant imagine how uncomfortable wearing 23.

Well, I did some serious cable rolling (due to a synergy search for a new ciem) with all the 3 Code cables over the past days/week...
20240423_130521.jpg

Regarding ergonomics: the Code 24c is the most comfortable (thinnest and most flexible) out of the 3 for sure. And if you think that the C24 is too thick for you and ergonomics is really important to you, then you might better stay away from the C23 I guess.

Code 23...
20240510_123505.jpg

When I sit down with the C23, while listening to music, all's fine. But when I start moving around with it (what I often use to do during the day) then it's quite noticeable present. But the sound with the C23 is also still one of the best around imo and it matches pretty well with multiple iems: full bodied with a wide soundstage, deep bass and good resolution. And yes, the 24c is indeed more intimate sounding to my ears than the 23.

The Code 23 is also excellent, and even warmer
Hmmm, I'm not totally sure if I experienced that the same way... I might have to do another A-B test for that. I thought initially that the 24c sounded a bit more compressed and warmer compared to the 23, but I might have been mistaken :thinking:

Code 24...
20240421_122223.jpg

First of all, I don't consider the ergonomics of the C24 that bad at all myself! When I walk around with it, listening to music, than it works totally fine (flexible enough and hardly any noticeable weight) for me. To my ears the C24 is even more revealing than the 23, with imo slightly better resolution. The soundstage is about the same as the 23 to my ears ,where the 24c is more intimate. The C24 is also a bit brighter and slightly less full bodied than the C23, but if you want to hear all the freakin' micro details in your music, than I would certainly pick the C24 myself. However, in case you have a bright sounding iem and you want a smooth (without losing too much on the details) aproach to that signature, than the C24c might be the more logical choice :)

Last edited:
May 13, 2024 at 12:12 PM Post #7,939 of 7,950
So, basically (if I understood correctly) the Bass loses it's B? Well, that seems like a pretty Big loss in the sound department 😂

Well, I did some serious cable rolling (due to a synergy search for a new ciem) with all the 3 Code cables over the past days/week...

Regarding ergonomics: the Code 24c is the most comfortable (thinnest and most flexible) out of the 3 for sure. And if you think that the C24 is too thick for you and ergonomics is really important to you, then you might better stay away from the C23 I guess.

Code 23...

When I sit down with the C23, while listening to music, all's fine. But when I start moving around with it (what I often use to do during the day) then it's quite noticeable present. But the sound with the C23 is also still one of the best around imo and it matches pretty well with multiple iems: full bodied with a wide soundstage, deep bass and good resolution. And yes, the 24c is indeed more intimate sounding to my ears than the 23.

Hmmm, I'm not totally sure if I experienced that the same way... I might have to do another A-B test for that. I thought initially that the 24c sounded a bit more compressed and warmer compared to the 23, but I might have been mistaken :thinking:

Code 24...

First of all, I don't consider the ergonomics of the C24 that bad at all myself! When I walk around with it, listening to music, than it works totally fine (flexible enough and hardly any noticeable weight) for me. To my ears the C24 is even more revealing than the 23, with imo slightly better resolution. The soundstage is about the same as the 23 to my ears ,where the 24c is more intimate. The C24 is also a bit brighter and slightly less full bodied than the C23, but if you want to hear all the freakin' micro details in your music, than I would certainly pick the C24 myself. However, in case you have a bright sounding iem and you want a smooth (without losing too much on the details) aproach to that signature, than the C24c might be the more logical choice :)
Thank you for your time to write this review it is very helpful. To be honest recently i purchased the 24 and with my Feiwan the detail is amazing. Actually i have been listening my Feiwan with C24 and this cable is indeed amazing with the air and treble. It is just Feiwan will definitely appreciate copper cable more than SPC IMO.Even when I am actually one of those guy who appreciate beautiful treble i can instinctually tell that Feiwan will sound better with copper cable. I think i will try the 24c. Is it way more intimate or just slightly intimate? I dont think i will like c23 due to its stiff character. C24 is still allright but borderline too stiff for me.

Last edited:
May 13, 2024 at 12:26 PM Post #7,940 of 7,950
Is it way more intimate or just slightly intimate?
To my ears / imo it's just slightly more intimate. But like the Dude would have probably said: 'Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your my opinion, man.' :sweat_smile:
I would certainly give the 24c a try though, if you have the chance/budget!

May 13, 2024 at 12:35 PM Post #7,941 of 7,950
OOOH ! Sorry i thought you were talking about code24c cable. It was the Dioko, and yes i agree Dioko didnt sound good for me as well i have tried it LOL.

🤣 I meant the pairing, with the DIoko being the main focus/component. I haven't done a direct comparison on the same IEM between the 23 and 24C. I'll try to do that today.

Yeah, there's absolutely no Badonkadonk at all. Sad.

20240423_130521.jpg

How did you get a green Code 23??? :open_mouth: 🤣

You're probably right! I was working off of memory as I haven't done a direct comparison yet. :relaxed: I'll try to get to that today, and will most likely end up confirming your impressions!

May 13, 2024 at 1:22 PM Post #7,942 of 7,950
How did you get a green Code 23??? :open_mouth: 🤣
The prototype cable that was sent out was green and looks similar to the photo. I think there may have also been a limited edition green Code 23 that was available for a short time, but that’s just from memory.

May 13, 2024 at 6:53 PM Post #7,943 of 7,950
So it turns out that this is a pretty fun combo! :smile:

IMG_2408.jpg
I also have the purple CODE 24C version and it is a good cable to highlight vocals in the iems, if someone wants flexibility, this is a candidate for performance and good handling :thumbsup:

May 14, 2024 at 12:30 AM Post #7,944 of 7,950
I love the 23 paired with Xe6 but shudder at the ergo everytime I use it!

May 14, 2024 at 9:12 AM Post #7,945 of 7,950
To my ears / imo it's just slightly more intimate. But like the Dude would have probably said: 'Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your my opinion, man.' :sweat_smile:
I would certainly give the 24c a try though, if you have the chance/budget!
Hellow again may i ask have you tried Ares 8w or 4w and compare it with C23 or C24c?

May 14, 2024 at 9:16 AM Post #7,946 of 7,950
Hellow again may i ask have you tried Ares 8w or 4w and compare it with C23 or C24c?

Haha, a new challenge! These are moving a little too quickly for me, I'll let you take this one and run with it Jack! @Kerouac 🤣

May 14, 2024 at 9:21 AM Post #7,947 of 7,950
Haha, a new challenge! These are moving a little too quickly for me, I'll let you take this one and run with it Jack! @Kerouac 🤣
Hahaha i was trying to pick a copper cable from effect audio and did research online i dont know which one to pick right now.

May 14, 2024 at 9:25 AM Post #7,948 of 7,950
Hahaha i was trying to pick a copper cable from effect audio and did research online i dont know which one to pick right now.

:thinking: You know what might be good? To have a few people try out every single EA cable, all with the same TOTL IEM, and then have that group put together a combined set of impressions outlining the pros/cons of each one, as well as how they differ. Like an EA cable guide or something. I bet that would answer a lot of people's questions?

I'd like to humbly submit Kerouac as one of those people! 🤣

May 14, 2024 at 9:30 AM Post #7,949 of 7,950
:thinking: You know what might be good? To have a few people try out every single EA cable, all with the same TOTL IEM, and then have that group put together a combined set of impressions outlining the pros/cons of each one, as well as how they differ. Like an EA cable guide or something. I bet that would answer a lot of people's questions?

Please your grace share your wisdom. :joy: i dont have any EA demo in my city. sad. Cant keep blind buying.

May 14, 2024 at 12:38 PM Post #7,950 of 7,950
Well, I was just out 'On the Road' (again)

But now I'm back home :wink:

Hmmm, that could go either way I guess: I mean like...
Homer.gif

or like...
Homer....gif

In the meantime my brain is still processing the thoughts about that suggestion...
Homer brain.gif

and I'm afraid that that could also still take a little while :sweat_smile:

Now back to the original question/subject...
I have the Ares S 4w here and I would say that the C23 and 24C obviously delivered an upgrade in sound compared to that one to my ears. Especially in (upscaled) resolution and (tightness of the) lows. If you're after a pure copper cable only, then the Ares 8w might be an interesting one indeed, but I don't have that one myself. However, when I picked up a CFA Supermoon earlier this year, the seller told me that he especially liked that iem with the Ares S 8w, and he mentioned that he had already tried quite some cables for synergy at that point.

If it doesn't have to be pure copper, then you could also consider the Eros S or Ares x Cadmus (not sure if that one's still available though, as it was limited edition, but you could always ask EA). Personally I really like these cable very much as well. I have the AxC on the UM Mext currently and the Eros S on the CFA Solaris SH. Some time ago I also posted about that synergy combination in this thread.

Please your grace share your wisdom. :joy: i dont have any EA demo in my city. sad. Cant keep blind buying.
Now, the main questions are imho: for which specific (as in the end it all comes down to synergy) iem is the cable intended, and what do you exactly want to achief with the cable regarding that iems sound signature?

If it's meant for you Aroma Fei Wan, then maybe @Deezel177 (I hope you don't mind the tag here :smile:) could give you some extra advise. I noticed some days ago (in another thread) that he had just received the Fei Wan himself and he also still might have some EA cables in his collection. Or maybe there's another member in this thread who has the same iem with some specific cable advise :thinking:

Anyhow, I hope that the above has been a bit helpful for you and that it didn't make your quest for the right cable even more complicated :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back