DIY Ground Box Thread
May 12, 2024 at 12:35 PM Post #1,681 of 1,688
May 12, 2024 at 12:43 PM Post #1,682 of 1,688
Link does work. What are you thinking for its use?
probably just putting them somewhere as they are... in theory these should work kind of like orgonites, whatever orgonites actually do

maybe its also interesting to see if they make a difference vs not covered ones placed on the speaker since there is a clear relationship between metals and piezoelectric crystals

May 13, 2024 at 9:30 AM Post #1,683 of 1,688
reading with interest !

just a point on methodology...can I suggest that if the sound has become warm ...its because the higher freq have been attenuated and not the bass has been boosted !

the signal you start with is all you have ...any influence on it is a subtractive process like filtering.

this is not a criticism just an observation

May 13, 2024 at 11:20 AM Post #1,684 of 1,688
Started working with the Rochelle Salts on AC outlets and there is something good happening.

All of this talk of crystals reminds me of the fellow who used to post at AUDIO ASYLUM - he was quite a pioneer in this - lived in Hawaii - I believe he is dead but not forgot. I cannot remember the name but I remember his work. he was the buy who started the placing a 5 Hys choke across the AC line which I admit I do not do any longer.

My question is regarding switches for lights - I am assuming the bags of salt are useful here - the information on this aspect is spread out so forgive me if I am repeating a question for the one-hundredth time! And if the treatment is not to be performed on switches then my question is moot.

But if the switch is a good place for the salt bags what does one do with ganged switches? "Hot" side bags would be beside neutral in this case. Of course, I should just try it but my curiosity has the best of me and those of you in the vanguard of these techniques know so much more than I do I decided to go ahead and ask.

Per the advice of the instruction manual I have ordered a bottle of the FURUTECH fluid and will get to work on contacts when it arrives and then FINALLY (I see I first posted way back in December) get to work on ground boxes.

Have to admit I thought much of this was fanciful but when treating the AC outlet for the gear and hearing good things I am inspired to go further, much further.

Thanks for the information which represents many hours of experimentation and determination - this is like a gift and should be fully appreciated.

May 13, 2024 at 12:35 PM Post #1,685 of 1,688
Started working with the Rochelle Salts on AC outlets and there is something good happening.

All of this talk of crystals reminds me of the fellow who used to post at AUDIO ASYLUM - he was quite a pioneer in this - lived in Hawaii - I believe he is dead but not forgot. I cannot remember the name but I remember his work. he was the buy who started the placing a 5 Hys choke across the AC line which I admit I do not do any longer.

My question is regarding switches for lights - I am assuming the bags of salt are useful here - the information on this aspect is spread out so forgive me if I am repeating a question for the one-hundredth time! And if the treatment is not to be performed on switches then my question is moot.

But if the switch is a good place for the salt bags what does one do with ganged switches? "Hot" side bags would be beside neutral in this case. Of course, I should just try it but my curiosity has the best of me and those of you in the vanguard of these techniques know so much more than I do I decided to go ahead and ask.

Per the advice of the instruction manual I have ordered a bottle of the FURUTECH fluid and will get to work on contacts when it arrives and then FINALLY (I see I first posted way back in December) get to work on ground boxes.

Have to admit I thought much of this was fanciful but when treating the AC outlet for the gear and hearing good things I am inspired to go further, much further.

Thanks for the information which represents many hours of experimentation and determination - this is like a gift and should be fully appreciated.
Alan Maher is the one that pioneered or the first in the audio realm (also in AA) that spoke about the use of chokes. I have not spoke to Alan for about 10 years. I also stopped using chokes. All of the tweaks (including ground boxes) introduced and discussed in this thread aside crystals are vastly more effective than the chokes.

Yes treat "all" light switches and AC outlet plates on the home's AC line with Rochelle salt for optimum performance results. As for ganged or combined lights switches and outlets, will have to be experimented with. Yes you want to treat at this location, just treat and listen. Then tune by ear for optimum performance.

Your plan of Rochelle salt AC line treatment, than Furutech Nano Liquid, then Ground Boxes is a very good one. With the same components and cabling, as you go through your plan, your system's performance level will improve in different areas. Then system performance will leap, then leap again, to extents that you will not even recognize the system you had before you started. Depending on how many ground boxes and their implementation/installation what you will end up with is: A very musical, much more resolving, more engaging, much improved PRaT system. I do not know what your system consists of, but I am sure you will agree that investing $10K more in a component would not of given you "anywhere near" the same performance level jump. Have fun, this will be a very interesting and educational project. You will learn a lot about how the different causes of noise effects your system's performance.

May 14, 2024 at 9:14 AM Post #1,686 of 1,688
The topaz i bought from a US seller on etsy is also citrine, lol, atleast on etsy the seller offered a refund (to avoid negative reviews...)

i also bought 1Oz prehnite from him, just to compare it to the aliexpress prehnite, both prehnites can be scratched with quartz, they also look fairly similar (tho not quite, the aliexpress stuff is more green-ish and a bit less polished), i think because of the dark inclusions in prehnite its also hard to fake this and even the 100g/3euro offer on aliexpress seems legit... one indian etsy seller offered me 40dollar for 500g (another 35euro per 100g), so the aliexpress stuff seems to be a real bargain

the indian seller also offered me 100g white topaz for 40dollar... i might test my luck a last time here...

May 14, 2024 at 3:51 PM Post #1,688 of 1,688
Thanks, cdacosta for your advice. Of course, I am trying to follow what YOU have done.

I will see how I do with the ganged switches!
You will notice that as you treat more of the AC line (outlets and switches) you will hear more from your system. Oddly treating an outlet or light switch on a different circuit breaker, even at the opposite end of your home can be heard through your system. That is how I came to the conclusion that our home’s AC wiring is acting like an antenna for EMI/EMF. Then at the main breaker panel, the EMI is being transferred to the other circuits like the one the audio system is on.

For optimal results just tune at each junction or every other installation before moving on to others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back