DIY Cable Gallery!!
May 11, 2024 at 4:05 PM Post #16,306 of 16,306
I recently upgraded from Neotech NEI-1002 to NEI-1001, keeping the same ETI Kryo connectors. Having moved up through a few different models of Neotech bulk wire now, each step up really does continue to give improved performance. The NEI-1001 has great tonal weight. Aside from the imaging & detail you wouldn't think it's silver at all. It's also slightly smaller in diameter and more flexible than the 1002, which was an added bonus.

IMG_20240504_175238.jpg

Also received one of the two demagnetizer models used by Triode Wire Labs today. Not as powerful as I was expecting it to be, but it worked. It got tested out on my headphone system -- budget Neotech & Supra power cables, NEI-3001 RCAs, Inakustik Referenz USB, DIY Neotech headphone cable & a pair of 12ax7 tubes. The improvements were subtle, but nice. Better low end heft & control, reduced glare, better defined leading edges & improved separation. My headphone chain is decent but not hyper resolving, so given the improvements noticed there I'm excited to try it on the 2 channel system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back