dCS Bartok
May 13, 2024 at 6:11 AM Post #2,056 of 2,060
When choosing Lina DAC, remember that it will never get APEX.Why didn't the seller you talked to consider Ref 10 SE 120 and MC3+? Did he justify it in some way?
Was there an official answer and explanation as to why the Lina will never get Apex?
(I assume physical space, but even then it might get something similar not called apex in a few years)

As to Ref 10 SE 120 and MC3+, I was talking to a dCS rep, obviously he only recommends dCS products. Furthermore I specifically asked about why there is no Bartok clock (would be too similar to Rossini clock) and which one to choose since it doesn't have the obvious choice.

May 13, 2024 at 7:30 AM Post #2,057 of 2,060
Was there an official answer and explanation as to why the Lina will never get Apex?
(I assume physical space, but even then it might get something similar not called apex in a few years)

As to Ref 10 SE 120 and MC3+, I was talking to a dCS rep, obviously he only recommends dCS products. Furthermore I specifically asked about why there is no Bartok clock (would be too similar to Rossini clock) and which one to choose since it doesn't have the obvious choice.
This is not knowledge from the official answer and explanation. I know this will be the case from my sources of information, which cannot predict what projects dCS will introduce in the future.

May 13, 2024 at 4:50 PM Post #2,058 of 2,060
The APEX Bartok is fantastic. I’ve never heard a Lina but it’s also supposed to be fantastic. Hard to go wrong with either.

I imagine the size and design makes it difficult to change a Lina over to APEX. Maybe someday they’ll redesign to APEX it.

My local dealer does not sell many Linas, but they cater mainly to two channel listeners. Said Lina appeals to a different crowd.

May 13, 2024 at 5:04 PM Post #2,059 of 2,060
The APEX Bartok is fantastic. I’ve never heard a Lina but it’s also supposed to be fantastic. Hard to go wrong with either.

I imagine the size and design makes it difficult to change a Lina over to APEX. Maybe someday they’ll redesign to APEX it.

My local dealer does not sell many Linas, but they cater mainly to two channel listeners. Said Lina appeals to a different crowd.
I quite like the case and Form factor of the Lina.

Can dCS DACs use convolution filters without Roon?

May 13, 2024 at 5:18 PM Post #2,060 of 2,060
I do not believe so. One reason I went to Roon was to use EQ without a computer and the attendant noise that comes with using a computer. Of course I use an Intel NUC to run the core but I think that is all different than running a MAC or PC USB(or whatever) directly into the dCS dac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back