Cayin HA-300MK2 (2022) TOTL Transformer coupled Direct Heated Triode Tube HeadAmp (Page 91)
May 14, 2024 at 12:01 AM Post #6,391 of 6,399
As much as I have enjoyed my time with it, I am going to be jumping ship and selling my HA300MK2 soon. I have fallen in love with another amp, the ZMF Aegis. So with that being said, I am going to be selling some tubes, and a Synergistic Research Master Fuse as well that goes in the power supply, for good prices.

Anyone want to buy a Synergistic Research Master Fuse for half off ($300)? The Fuse is a 4A 250V and is the recommended 1 size up for the US version HA300MK2 used in the back of the power supply. Once, I heard what this Fuse can do by pumping up the dynamics and detail, there was no going back for me. The dynamics and detail improved quite a bit, and who doesn't want that.

Hit me up if you are interested and I wanted to give everyone in this thread a chance first, and I will be listing it and some tubes (rectifiers and drivers) later today in the classifieds.

Cheers,

Wes
Just listed some stuff in the classifieds.

- Mullard Red (VR135) and White (CV6) Prints quads priced to sell.

- SR Master fuse for US mk2 Power Supply, priced at more than half off.

- CV6 - 6SN7 adapters made by Deyan, that are the best you can get.

I just wanted to give y'all a heads up first.

Cheers and happy listening!
Glad to see you move onto a new amplifier, I am truly grateful for your contribution to the HA-300 community in the past two years. Your sharing will become an important resource to this community.

Be happy with your music, I believe we'll run into each other again when we keep our passion for the audiophile hobby.

:beerchug: :beerchug:

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
May 14, 2024 at 5:58 AM Post #6,393 of 6,399
Glad to see you move onto a new amplifier, I am truly grateful for your contribution to the HA-300 community in the past two years. Your sharing will become an important resource to this community.

Be happy with your music, I believe we'll run into each other again when we keep our passion for the audiophile hobby.

:beerchug: :beerchug:
Thanks for the kind words Andy! Happy listening to you too. :beerchug:

May 14, 2024 at 6:02 AM Post #6,394 of 6,399
Thanks for the kind words Andy! Happy listening to you too. :beerchug:
We'll see you around.
Was always nice to read your tube impressions

May 14, 2024 at 1:37 PM Post #6,395 of 6,399
The MKII does well with the Duelund caps. I had oral surgery the other day. A rear tooth. It seems to have opened my hearing even more, which was already normal. I have been letting the same tubes stay in the amp now for a few weeks, rather that switch them out. Tubes really do need to age some to come into their own and constantly changing tubes, will never let you know what an amp will do.

I have some nice metal base Chinese dual cap, 7193 type in and they are amazing, the WE300B and 3 grey plate Japanese and one Black plate Japanese rectifier.

Excellent depth and you can hear the reflection of sound from the recording venue, Wonderful layering and timbre. Superb sound. I also use ceramic fuses that are the sand filled type.

May 14, 2024 at 2:07 PM Post #6,396 of 6,399
The MKII does well with the Duelund caps. I had oral surgery the other day. A rear tooth. It seems to have opened my hearing even more, which was already normal. I have been letting the same tubes stay in the amp now for a few weeks, rather that switch them out. Tubes really do need to age some to come into their own and constantly changing tubes, will never let you know what an amp will do.

I have some nice metal base Chinese dual cap, 7193 type in and they are amazing, the WE300B and 3 grey plate Japanese and one Black plate Japanese rectifier.

Excellent depth and you can hear the reflection of sound from the recording venue, Wonderful layering and timbre. Superb sound. I also use ceramic fuses that are the sand filled type.
Great tip about letting the tubes settle. I have the same experience.

May 14, 2024 at 2:11 PM Post #6,397 of 6,399
Great tip about letting the tubes settle. I have the same experience.
I am using the Expanse DCA planners. They need amplification or they sound flat and unexciting. With this tube configuration, they are dynamic and transparent. Good stuff!

May 14, 2024 at 7:17 PM Post #6,398 of 6,399
Out with the old:

20240514_160157.jpg

In with the new:

20240514_160219.jpg
20240514_155759.jpg
20240514_155653.jpg

After owning the MK2 for eight months I finally found the Japanese Grey Plates.

I've just installed them and have less then 10mins on them. So I won't be making any impressions for at least a few weeks. That said it pretty easy to notice the superior quality of the Japanese Raytheons vs the Sylvania coin base 22DE4's. The glass is thicker and more even and uniform and the amount of copper used throughout the tube is significant. Add in the thick base versus the thin coin base. Just from a quality perspective the NOS Japanese look and feel at least two levels better than the old Sylvanias.

More to come when the tubes have run in.

Last edited:
May 14, 2024 at 7:29 PM Post #6,399 of 6,399
Out with the old:

20240514_160157.jpg

In with the new:

20240514_160219.jpg20240514_155759.jpg20240514_155653.jpg

After owning the MK2 for eight months I finally found the Japanese Grey Plates.

I've just installed them and have less then 10mins in them. So I won't be making any impressions for at least a few weeks. That said it pretty easy to notice the superior quality of the Japanese Raytheons vs the Sylvania coin base 22DE4's. The glass is thicker and more even and uniform and the amount of copper used throughout the tube is significant. Add in the thick base versus the thin coin base. Just from a quality perspective the NOS Japanese look and feel at least two levels better than the old Sylvanias.

More to come when the tubes have run in.
The Japanese used a hard vacuum on the tubes they made. This made for a longer lasting tube and some of the best sounding tubes since they had such a low concentration of the unwanted gasses that occur. With a NOS tube, once turned on, it also activated the getter, which further reduces any gasses that may have leaked into the bottle over the years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back