Cayin C9: Dual Nutube, Fully Balanced Class A/AB Portable HeadAmp
May 14, 2024 at 7:25 AM Post #6,226 of 6,232
Can n7 work with an external power supply?
If so, does he gain anything from it?
No because like any other DAP (Music Player) the power input is only designed to charge the battery. I would even argue that if anything, during playback a DAP would actually benefit from not being charged / connected to external power due to heat management. Charging batteries generate heat and playing music generates heat. Doing both at the same time only wears down the battery more than usual. That is why some devices (Like FiiO M17) have two internal power supplies, with one being a dedicated desktop mode where the battery is bypassed and power is fed directly to the audio circuits. The N7 does not have that

May 14, 2024 at 10:03 AM Post #6,227 of 6,232
Can n7 work with an external power supply?
If so, does he gain anything from it?
N7 cannot serve as external power supply to C9.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
May 14, 2024 at 3:07 PM Post #6,229 of 6,232
Greetings all,
Would this be a good addition to an ibasso dx300 or macbook or phone? I have a topping g5 and just wondering if this would be a good move upwards.
Thanks
J
I definitely think it beats the Topping for sound and drive, but remember the C9 is an amplifier *without* DAC functionality… So it probably will be best served with the DX300 as source …

May 14, 2024 at 3:12 PM Post #6,230 of 6,232
I definitely think it beats the Topping for sound and drive, but remember the C9 is an amplifier *without* DAC functionality… So it probably will be best served with the DX300 as source …
Good point. I guess my question...as well....do you really think i will get that much better sound for the price this is selling for? I appreciate your time.

May 14, 2024 at 3:24 PM Post #6,231 of 6,232
Good point. I guess my question...as well....do you really think i will get that much better sound for the price this is selling for? I appreciate your time.
I’d say yes .. It gives you fully balanced amplification as well as the flexibility to switch class-A/AB and switch solid state/nutube … it also allows you to switch between line in and PRE-in. As sherry on the cake batteries are simply replaceable .. it’s definitely in a different (higher) league …

Users who are viewing this thread

Back