Astell&Kern A&ultima SP3000T
May 11, 2024 at 7:38 PM Post #107 of 120
I am waiting for some more feedback from users also. I was testing the SP3000T with the Subtonic Storm which is a notoriously insensitive IEM. I have some friends that are saying the SP3000T on tube mode is unusable with very sensitive sets such as the Vision Ears X/10 or certain Campfire Audio sets.
I tried it with Storm in Munich, and in my opinion it does not drive it properly. It sounds good, but not great. My taste of course!

May 11, 2024 at 7:51 PM Post #109 of 120
I am waiting for some more feedback from users also. I was testing the SP3000T with the Subtonic Storm which is a notoriously insensitive IEM. I have some friends that are saying the SP3000T on tube mode is unusable with very sensitive sets such as the Vision Ears X/10 or certain Campfire Audio sets.
As far as Campfire Audio I’ve been using the SP3000T with the Trifecta w/EA Code 24, Bonneville w/EA Code 24C, and Supermoon w/Vortex Lavinia. It sounds fantastic. I’m not having any issues on Tube mode. It’s a warm, lush DAP. I find the Tube scales a little better with my reference IEM’s like the Jewel and Mentor where the warm sound is a real compliment.

I think all of your initial reactions were spot on. Your review was a factor in my purchase. Other than the WiFi needing a strong signal I’m having zero problems.

May 11, 2024 at 7:53 PM Post #110 of 120
As far as Campfire Audio I’ve been using the SP3000T with the Trifecta w/EA Code 24, Bonneville w/EA Code 24C, and Supermoon w/Vortex Lavinia. It sounds fantastic. I’m not having any issues on Tube mode. It’s a warm, lush DAP. I find the Tube scales a little better with my reference IEM’s like the Jewel and Mentor where the warm sound is a real compliment.

I think all of your initial reactions were spot on. Your review was a factor in my purchase. Other than the WiFi needing a strong signal I’m having zero problems.

It's been SO long since I've had a Campfire IEM. Do you happen to know how Trifecta and Bonneville are in sensitivity relative to stuff like Andro and Fathom? Their all BA sets I think tend to be more problematic with noise. I know Supermoon is quite power hungry, but I can't recall the other two.

Thanks, glad you are enjoying it!

May 11, 2024 at 8:30 PM Post #111 of 120
It's been SO long since I've had a Campfire IEM. Do you happen to know how Trifecta and Bonneville are in sensitivity relative to stuff like Andro and Fathom? Their all BA sets I think tend to be more problematic with noise. I know Supermoon is quite power hungry, but I can't recall the other two.

Thanks, glad you are enjoying it!
Sorry, I don’t have the comps on Fathom and Andro. But the Trifecta and Bonneville work great with this DAP. You’re right about the Supermoon being power hungry and so is my Anni and Titan but the SP3000T can drive them. The Mentor is a BA set and I haven’t had any sensitivity issues.

May 11, 2024 at 11:17 PM Post #112 of 120
I am also waiting for more user feedback, especially since I enjoy discovering new songs via streaming, so the Wi-Fi issue and ringing issue are quite concerning to me.

Fortunately (?) my local distributor will not have a unit until the end of the month, so I still have time to consider this model and the regular SP3000.
Sorry, I don’t have the comps on Fathom and Andro. But the Trifecta and Bonneville work great with this DAP. You’re right about the Supermoon being power hungry and so is my Anni and Titan but the SP3000T can drive them. The Mentor is a BA set and I haven’t had any sensitivity issues.
How does it perform on Anni if you don't mind me asking?

May 12, 2024 at 2:35 AM Post #113 of 120
Yes this is definitely how it is, it doesn't "drive" Storm well but it sounds nice like you mentioned. 100% a tone over tech flavor for Storm in this case.
I’m sorry… I read your message quickly and thought you were asking if anyone had tested the two together…I didn’t mean to “storm” in with my opinion on it 😂

Last edited:
May 12, 2024 at 3:22 AM Post #114 of 120
It’s very funny and resembles some meme but I specifically wait for your wait to be over 😂
As I’d need to go into a big hustle to acquire SP3KT if I decide to for the same reasons that you mentioned.

I had a Woo Audio Tube Mini with the same tubes I believe and that ringing was killing me.
The sound was soo seductive but the noise was so strong also (yeah I know it was designed for HPs but whatever).

Looking forward to auditioning Fathom in hopes of getting an updated Andromeda OG it would be very disappointing if it won’t be a great match with SP3KT.

May 12, 2024 at 7:29 AM Post #115 of 120
I’m not having any issues on Tube mode. It’s a warm, lush DAP. I find the Tube scales a little better with my reference IEM’s like the Jewel and Mentor where the warm sound is a real compliment.
How much in tube mode, does the SP3000T behave compared to the N30LE in classic tube mode?

May 14, 2024 at 10:10 AM Post #118 of 120
Is the SP3000T Roon ready and offers Roon ARC?
Roon Arc yes, but currently experiencing a log in issue that is also present on the SP3000. Roon team is aware and working on the issue.

Will eventually be Roon Ready once Roon finishes testing and certification. When I spoke to the Roon team last week, they did not have an ETA on when they would finish testing. Hoping soon.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back