AÜR AUDIO IEMs
May 12, 2024 at 5:07 AM Post #3,586 of 3,597
Indeed, technology and innovation are changing fast. My wish list for the next Aur Audio iem will be them exploring planar driver or multi-DD or open-back iem.

May 12, 2024 at 11:12 AM Post #3,587 of 3,597
Haven't had that much time yet with Aehta, but I can say I really like this. No need to brain adjustment, liked it from first track. Biggest surprise to me is how clear and resolving it is, quite certain this is the most clear and resolving model from AüR.
I know some dont like switches, but they work so well here. Being able to go from a more neutral bright tuning 011 to a bassy L shaped signature 100 is awesome, makes it so versatile. So far my go to have been 111, full sounding and fun. Can share more again tomorrow, maybe do some short comparisons.

Cable below is not stock cable, its Worker Bee from Flash Acoustic.

No need to brain adjustment is really important. Every time I have needed brain adjustment, I have finished selling the IEM or headphone.

I think I would use 011 and 111, depending the album.

The cable is aesthetically made for the Aetha 😍

May 13, 2024 at 4:46 AM Post #3,588 of 3,597
20240513_153235.jpg
Just got my Aehta!

It sounds really nice even OOTB.
IMO, best bass and soundstage from Aür Audio's offerings. Treble is great without noticable sibilance. Also I think that the fit is better and smoother than previous Aür Audio's IEMs. Probably an ideal change in shape for adequate BCD effect.

When comparing with Aure, as it was the only IEM that I have right now... Better resolution, bass and soundstage are immediately noticable.. But on default 'all swich off' setting, vocals sounded less prominent than Aure. However, when I flipped on the 'mids' switch, the vocal positioning became quite similar to Aure, and sounded just ideal for vocal oriented music that I love.

I should try more switch settings, ear tips, cables and sources. Also adequate burn-in is crucial for proper evaluation.. But my first impression of Aehta is very positive. and I think that there would be a lot of potentials for this latest gem from Aür Audio.

Very well done!

Last edited:
May 13, 2024 at 5:12 AM Post #3,589 of 3,597
Credit where credit is due, the Aehta looks like Aür’s best release yet. With the switches that actually do make a big difference (from the graphs) unlike some other brands, it’s basically a one iem and done kind of set.

One of their best looking iem’s too alongside the Alita in my opinion.

It’s a shame they didn’t include the black and yellow cable Leo has paired with his, instead of the Athena, as it looks like a perfect match and I believe it’s from the same supplier as their other cables (Although I could be wrong)?

There’s no denying Abel is a skilled tuner and deserves all the praise and appreciation for possibly his best creation yet.

Last edited:
May 13, 2024 at 9:14 AM Post #3,591 of 3,597
For those of you who have the Aehta, do you notice the BC moving when you talk with the IEMs in?
Don't think so, BC in Kinera products do that.
Maybe since they are for bass on Kinera, and mids on Aehta.

Last edited:
May 13, 2024 at 9:38 AM Post #3,593 of 3,597
Good to know. I experienced that on the kineras and it made them unusable for me since I use my sets for work and have meeting all the time
I'll confirm it when home later, I didn't like walking with Verdandi. As I could hear the BC.

Can confirm that Aehta don't do the same, just tested walking and talking. :beerchug:

Last edited:
May 13, 2024 at 2:09 PM Post #3,594 of 3,597
Mine have arrived too... 😃
No time for a first session yet but they look simply gorgeous....

20240513_195600.jpg
20240513_195537.jpg

May 13, 2024 at 4:18 PM Post #3,596 of 3,597
Mine have arrived too... 😃
No time for a first session yet but they look simply gorgeous....

20240513_195600.jpg20240513_195537.jpg
Look forward to hear what you think about Aehta.
Cable looks very very similar to what Effect audio offers!
How’s the sound ????
It is a good cable, 8 wires but not as bulky as EA Signature series 8w. I would say its about the same quality as the EA Signature series, though I think the hardware is nicer looking on EA.

May 13, 2024 at 5:40 PM Post #3,597 of 3,597
Cable looks very very similar to what Effect audio offers!
How’s the sound ????

Look forward to hear what you think about Aehta.

It is a good cable, 8 wires but not as bulky as EA Signature series 8w. I would say its about the same quality as the EA Signature series, though I think the hardware is nicer looking on EA.

OK guys. First hour in ootb and I know I am going to like these. Abel did it once more... 😃

First observation: these have a lot of bass. Very good. Already look forward to the burn in of the DDs.

Second observation, leading to a first decision: the mids in 000 were a bit to recessed for my taste. Going to 010 and wow, what a nice difference. Much more to my liking.

Well, so, second decision, why not try the switches in 110 and add even more bass. And yes, that seems to work out too as it does not overpower but adds to the right balance in my book.

That becomes very obvious with classical music which I turned to quite quickly and could not let go of for the last hour. The Aehta really shines with classical in 110. Holographic presentation with a very nice, wide soundstage. Lovely. Have not tried 111 yet but will do somewhen...

For Pop/Rock/Jazz I will have to try further if 110 is the right setting after burn in, I guess. Trying the following track

and some Hip-Hop I felt that it might be to much (mid) bass for my taste but it's clearly to early to say for sure as especially DD bass usually needs at least 100 hours to show it's true potential in my experience. So let's see in a week or two...

The Aehta seems to profit from power. Need to turn it up to Ascension niveau (or slightly below with mids switch on 1).

All in all I could not be happier to date - honeymoon in full effect 🤣

But the Aehta might well turn out as my favourite AüR (out of those I have heard)... It has that extra byte / punch I sometimes miss on the Ascension but appears to be as refined as well. Mids to die for... The only discipline that it will likely not surpass my beloved IMR will be subbass...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back