634EARS: Impressions, Discussions, and Appreciations Thread
May 30, 2024 at 9:41 PM Post #736 of 738
Usually I don't make these kind of posts but if you are one of those people asking for a completely free iem to review from 634ears, you should maybe rethink your choices of how you approach these kind of things.
I do think it is very rude going to a small iem botique, especially since this is a very passion driven maker to try and get free things from him. And the fact it is daily he gets this, isn't a great thing.

@AsciiJC the sad thing is that this is not the first time Musashi-san has had to post something like that on his instagram.

He spends a lot of time answering emails from us as to which wood to choose and what a certain wood would sound like, so I would imagine have to answer emails to requests about free review units just ends up taking more time.
LOAK2-Ti(CL) impressions!
IMG_7888.jpeg
What a total gem. Natural and organic sounding, but not neutral, with a hint of warmth. When emailing Musashi, he described the sound as “luxurious” and boy howdy, that word just sticks in my mind whenever these are playing music.

The mids are so weighty, with a great thumpy mid bass. Sub bass takes a back seat to the mid bass, but the sub never feels unsatisfying; it comes off correctly. there is no bleed in the mids, and they are the star of the show imo. Vocals and instruments sound absolutely sublime, supported by a wide sound stage, though it does lack a little depth.

Lower treble notes are nice and airy, and higher notes extend far, but don’t quite have the same weight behind it. For my tastes, it’s perfect.

Cons -
Fit is a little weird? Probably not an issue for most.

It’s a single DD, so if the recording is shouty, this won’t do it any favors.

Waiting. But since it’s custom made by a single person, think that’s not really a con… I am just impatient.

Yeah… not a lot of cons here but hey, it’s still early.
Still in love with the LOAK2-TX02, been doing some cable and tip rolling. Landed on a Graphene cable from Clan Audio and Final Audio Type E tips, tames some upper treble for my sensitive ears. Seductive warm midrange that's not shouty or tiresome, with deep sub bass extension and impactful mid bass punch. The treble is surprisingly open and airy for a single DD, makes it also sound very resolving and clear up top.
And I have some very fun wow moments with the soundstage, I do belive this have something with the open back design. Some spatial cues are very holographic.

Next for me is see how it compare to some other IEMs, but not before the weekend or after.

And congrats @theintention your model look awesome, I am very happy it turned out a success for you also.

DSCF5230 1.jpg
@theintention @Leonarfd, still early days, I would put these as initial impressions. They do open up more somewhere around 200 -300 hours. There are some weird bumps along the way, but they do go away after more run-in.

Jun 1, 2024 at 2:15 AM Post #738 of 738
Do include a comparison with Miroak-ii, when you do that please. Thanks in advance.
Can try and compare some more later in the weekend, have some review work I have to do first. Neglected the sets I was working on since TX02 arrived :beyersmile:

Have done some comparing, notes from my notepad:
Going from Miroak-II to TX02 you can expect a more technical experience, sound both cleaner and more open. The few times I swapped back to TX02 after Miroak it sounded more effortless and clean, if I use a an example almost like moving from a old display to a 4K OLED display. As in everything get more crisp and clean but also shows the flaws of bad source materials. Not that this is a bad thing about Miroak-II, its one of the reasons why I love Miroak-II.

On TX02 the treble is pushed forward and sound more detailed and airy, sub and mid bass is not that far off from each other but can sound less warm since the upper range are elevated.
Vocals also have some special sauce on TX02, need to test more to find out what I like so much about this.

DSCF5232.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back